hours of video instruction
5 hours of video tutorial for understanding, deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco TrustSec.
Learn the ins and outs of Cisco TrustSec in this practical video tutorial. Hands-on theory and demos will include configuration and troubleshooting information and tips based on the network access to data center end-to-end use case. Follow configuration steps to implement a solution in your own networks. This course is also perfect for certification candidates preparing for the CCNP Security and CCIE Security exams.
This video series covers topics relevant to TrustSec and will also include references to some new features recently made available on devices like the Cisco ASA. This is a key resource for understanding how Cisco TrustSec differs from traditional methods for securing network access and also to understanding the benefits this brings to an organization from both a cost-effectiveness standpoint as well as meeting ease of use, centralized policy management, and compliance goals.
Major topics are as follows:
- Understanding and Positioning Cisco TrustSec
- Cisco TrustSec Functions: Classification, Propagation, and Enforcement
- Implementing TrustSec on Cisco ISE
- Implementing TrustSec on Wired and Wireless Devices
- Implementing Cisco TrustSec on Cisco Firewalls
- Implementing Cisco TrustSec with Cisco VPN Solutions
- TrustSec Deployment Considerations
What You Will Learn
- How to enhance network security through data flow segmentation.
- How TrustSec enables consistent enforcement of security policy across a wide range of Cisco products.
- Using Cisco ISE for centralized policy management and distribution in a TrustSec domain.
- How TrustSec is a data segmentation method that provides adherence to compliance standards such as PCI.
- The benefits of applying security policy based on Role Based Access Control (RBAC), which is not dependent on IP addresses, VLANs, or other topology related constructs.
- How TrustSec easily integrates with other network security methods and techniques.
- Implementing TrustSec to several use cases including campus and WAN.
- How TrustSec can be implemented in a step-by-step manner that facilities migration strategies.
- Understand how TrustSec provides uniform support for IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Who Should Take This Course
Primary audience: Those currently involved in the IT industry as security or networking professionals looking to gain knowledge in the area of deploying Cisco TrustSec to replace or enhance traditional methods for securing network access and protecting key resources. This topic is also relevant to those that are charged with meeting organizational and industry compliance requirements.
Secondary audience: Prospective candidates for CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certifications seeking a definitive reference guide for Cisco TrustSec as it pertains to possible exam content.
A good understanding of security basics and familiarity with general networking concepts, infrastructure, and communication.
Some exposure to configuring Cisco equipment including routers, Catalyst and Data Center switches, and the Cisco ASA and Cisco ISE.
Familiarity with security protection methods.
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at: http://www.informit.com/livelessons.