Learn how to design video games that are brilliantly playable and endlessly fun! Become an expert in video game theory with this incredibly easy video—just watch!
Build video games that are always exciting, never boring…always fresh, never copycat…always fun, offering just the right amount of challenge! This video course will teach you the key skills of video game theory, so you can deliver truly great games for any platform—mobile, console, or computer. Using new examples and best-in-class in-game footage, Zach Comm shows you the difference between "meh" games and truly unforgettable video game experiences. You'll learn how to borrow from formulas without letting them trap you…build games that are endlessly replayable…challenge players without overwhelming them…support complexity…learn from experience…determine whose feedback is worth listening to…understand the many forms of high- and low-intensity fun and deliver them!
What You Will Learn
- What really makes a game great—and how to make your game great
- How to create, reinforce, and lengthen quality gameplay
- How to increase your game's "fun quotient"
- How to craft your game's learning curve and difficulty
- How to create original games in a market filled with thousands of "me-too" titles
Who Should Take This Course
- For game designers and creative directors at any level of experience and for game enthusiasts who are serious about designing great games and entering the game development business
- No technical requirements; significant experience playing video games is recommended
About LiveLessons Video Training
The LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at: http://www.informit.com/livelessons.