Introduction to Information Security LiveLessons provides technical professionals with a relatively brief, high-level overview of information security concepts, including the fundamental steps needed to secure a system, the types of threats and vulnerabilities they may encounter, and what steps can and should be taken to mitigate those threats and vulnerabilities.
Information security directly impacts virtually every type of business. While related issues appear in the media more and more, it’s typically in a fragmented fashion that really doesn’t help give the people tasked with protecting organizational data and other assets a “big picture” view of what the real threats and vulnerabilities are, or what steps should be taken to mitigate them. In this video training, Scott offers a relatively brief, coherent high-level overview of the various types of threats and what steps can and should be taken in response.
About the Instructor
Scott Aurnou is the Vice-President of SOHO Solutions, a NY-based IT consulting and managed services firm, where he focuses on security and privacy-related issues. Scott uses his combined legal, business, and technical background to help organizations identify and address technology-related risk and market exposure and regularly teaches non-technical executives and professionals about information security and related issues in language they can understand. Scott is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional and Certified Information Privacy Technologist and has authored numerous articles relating to privacy and security.
What You Will Learn
Who Should Take This Course
- A fundamental understanding of information security threats and vulnerabilities
- The basic steps taken to protect a network
- Mistakes people make and how to counter them
- A fundamental understanding of the non-technical aspects of securing a network
- The basics of reacting to a security incident
- Technical professionals with non-security backgrounds who have been assigned security responsibilities.
- Any professionals, executives, etc. with fundamental technical knowledge who wish to get a basic, high-level overview of security issues in a relatively brief format
- Basic understanding of computers, mobile devices, and related technological concepts
- Familiarity with basic networking and server technology
The LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at: http://www.informit.com/livelessons