iOS and Mac Network Programming LiveLessons provides Objective-C developers with a practical introduction to writing high performance, robust networking code on the Mac and iOS platforms. When viewers have completed these lessons, they will understand how to successfully write Objective-C code that connects their applications to hosts on the Internet using a variety of protocols and techniques.
Author and developer Jiva DeVoe has more than 20 years experience in the software industry and is the author of Objective-C Programming Fundamentals LiveLessons and Objective-C Advanced Programming LiveLessons. In this training course, DeVoe starts by explaining technologies fundamental to network programming, including packets, protocols, TCP, UDP, REST, and JSON. The video then dives in to more specific iOS and Mac OS network programming topics, including how to work with NSURLRequest, NSURLConnection, NSURLSessionTask, and dealing with networking frameworks and security.
What You Will Learn:
- Fundamental networking concepts as related to the iOS and OS X platforms, including packets and protocols, addresses and ports, TCP, UDP, HTTP and HTTPS.
- How to use tools such as Cocoa Packet Analyzer that let you see networking traffic.
- How to work with iOS and OS X specific networking technologies, such as NSURLRequest and NSURLSessionTask.
- How to implement Web services and servers
- How to work with low level sockets
- How to embed Webkit and work with Bonjour
Who Should Take This Course:
- Objective-C developers who want to learn more about networking and network programming.
- Developers who viewed the author’s previous training videos, Objective-C Fundamentals LiveLessons Video Training and Objective-C Advanced Programming LiveLessons Video Training, who want to go deeper into using Objective-C for network programming.
- Some familiarity with Objective-C programming