Windows Server Group Policy LiveLessons is your complete video course in implementing and administering Microsoft Windows Server group policies: hands-on skills for real-world success!
In this unique video package, top IT instructor/consultant Ed Liberman helps you master the core skills you need to implement and administer Microsoft Windows Server group policies. Drawing on his experience helping thousands of people supercharge their IT careers, Liberman helps you develop real-world skills for success with Windows Server group policies--and even have fun while you learn. Step by step, you deepen your knowledge of creating, configuring, implementing, and administering GPOs; controlling and troubleshooting group policy processing; using Microsoft’s powerful RSoP snap-in; simplifying policies with administrative templates; using folder redirection; extending policies with scripts and preferences; configuring basic and advanced security; using policies to manage the software application lifecycle; and more. Everything's organized into bite-sized, self-contained sessions, so you can learn key group policy administration skills in as little as five minutes!
What You Will Learn
- How to apply group policy best practices to build a more efficient, secure, and cost-effective IT environment
- How to plan, scope, create, configure, implement, and administer Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- How to refine GPO processing to meet your precise needs, using inheritance, filters, and custom settings
- How to quickly troubleshoot problems with group policies using RSoP and other tools and techniques
- How to use group policies to improve security throughout your IT infrastructure
- How to use policies to streamline the management of software distribution, assignment, publication, and upgrades
Who Should Take This Course
- Everyone who wants to implement and/or manage Windows Server group policies in production environments to improve efficiency, security, or other aspects of IT performance
- Basic experience with Windows Server system administration
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at http://www.informit.com/livelessons.