Offering more than 4 hours of instruction, this fast-paced and engaging video course recorded as a live workshop teaches the essentials of test-driven development, refactoring, and pair programming.
Agile coach and trainer Bryan Beecham teaches the basics of these software engineering concepts with the use of building blocks, demonstrations, and hands-on practice. Learn the importance of creating failing tests, making them pass, and refactoring your code. This workshop provides an easy introduction to TDD, refactoring, and pair programming for everyone, regardless of their experience level.
About the Instructor
Bryan Beechamis an international speaker, coach, trainer, and agile consultant. He’s also a co-organizer of Agile Ottawa and is currently consulting for LeanDog, a company that focuses on Software Craftsmanship.
What You Will Learn
- History of extreme programming
- Writing unit tests
- Benefits of the test first approach
- Interactive demonstrations with building bricks
- What is and what isn't refactoring
- How to refactor code effectively
- Benefits of pair programming
- How to use pair programming everyday
Who Should Take This Course
- Developers and testers looking for a clear introduction to TDD, refactoring, and pair programming will enjoy this course. This is a great way to find out more about agile engineering practices.
- Some interest in agile engineering practices
- Understand the basics of agile software development
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at http://www.informit.com/livelessons