Take your web design skills to the next level with XML, and learn how to use the content behind the site to drive the information, navigation, and design of a full-featured website. In this 10-session video course, you’ll build a professional website from the ground up by focusing on back-end structure and information to create brilliant front-end design and functionality. You’ll learn how to architect your content once for use in multiple formats and venues: the Web, desktop, mobile devices, and PDF.
- Competitive analysis techniques to slice up the competition and create a content architecture and site design that puts you on top
- Concepts and skills that are critical to designing for Drupal, Wordpress, SharePoint, or any other content management system
- Information structure to define and master the content and navigation on your site
- XML Schema design to create binding rules that control your content
- XML Instance coding to transcend pages and create a true content base
- XML Transform coding to access your content base and automatically create any site design you can imagine
- A new way to look at websites, mobile delivery, PDF and any other output that will put you ahead of other designers
- How to create your own ideas, rather than just implementing the ideas of others
You’ll get access to all ten sessions, including slide presentations and examples. Each session was presented live during ten consecutive weeks in October, November, and December 2010, and you can now download all the videos and example files, which include presentation slides, tip sheets, code and sample eBook chapters.