Sponsored by MarkLogic
Scaling Internet applications is tricky business to begin with, but many developers make it more difficult by using languages and platforms optimized for computation. Discover how Node.js helps you address the most important factors in these applications, such as communication and latency. This video gets you started.
Six video chapters help you:
- Find out how Node solves problems specific to Internet application programming, and why this framework is faster than traditional solutions. Become familiar with tools that make application programming easy.
- Compile and troubleshoot the Node.js install, and understand the problems you’re likely to face when writing your first Node application.
- Discover how Node.js takes a different approach than other programming languages, and how the event loop helps you get the most out of the framework.
- Learn about the extensions to Node for writing applications—especially the Express framework, which helps you build apps in the MVC style.
- Explore common methods for writing and maintaining your application, overcome common pitfalls with event-driven programming.