"OK. I’ve got my Twitter account…now what can I do with it?" Sound familiar? #tweetsmart provides the answer with 25 creative projects to help your business, cause, or organization grow. But this isn’t just another social media marketing book—it’s the anti-marketing how-to community-engagement book.
Twitter is not a marketing channel (and should never be used as such) but it is a community of interested, engaged, and influential people. Meeting and getting to know these people can help you build your own community. In this useful guide, you’ll find projects to help you approach your Twitter audience in ways that are strategic, measurable, and fun.
- Put a new wrinkle on an old contest: "be the 10th person to tweet"
- Create a hashtag game around your company or products
- Instead of polling, ask your followers to help you make a product decision
- Make MadLibs out of your marketing copy or mission statement
- Hold a scavenger hunt, and relay clues via Twitter
- Organize a weekly Twitter chat on various subjects
- Solicit funny product shots, using Twitter’s photo-sharing utility
- Spontaneously tweet from a store location: "Meet me now and win!"