Grails is a high-productivity, convention-over-configuration web framework for the Groovy language. This brief video course begins with some basic instruction in the Groovy language, then shows you how to get started building a simple application using Grails domain modeling, controllers, and GSPs through the powerful scaffolding feature. In just three hours, you’ll learn how to be productive with this exciting framework.
- Develop an application by reviewing each important area of Grails functionality
- Understand basic domain modeling with GORM
- Explore database configuration through the Grails configuration files
- Learn about static and dynamic scaffolding, convention-over-configuration web request mapping, and the Groovy Server Page (GSP) view layer
- Become familiar with the library of custom GSP tags, and learn to write a tag of your own
- Examine the plugin ecosystem, and install a plugin to use in your application
- Get examples that use Grails 2.0
If you’re a developer or architect investigating Grails with an eye to adopt it in the near future, or someone who’s already uses Grails and wants to solidify your skills, this video is ideal.