The future clearly belongs to those who understand how to collect and use their data successfully—and the time to get started is now. At the Strata Conference, people from tech, marketing, and many other fields gathered to learn the latest skills, tools, and technologies for making a data-driven business work. This video compilation offers you a front row seat for every tutorial, session, and keynote at the conference.
View thought-provoking keynotes from industry leaders such as Avanish Kaushik (Market Motive), Coco Krumme (MIT Media Lab), Dave Campbell (Microsoft), and Doug Cutting (Cloudera). Then sit back and take in practical and inspiring sessions in seven different tracks: Data Science, Business & Industry, Visualization & Interface, Hadoop & Big Data, Policy & Privacy, and Domain Data.
You’ll also get the complete Strata Jumpstart, a day-long bootcamp for business leaders who want to become data driven. Download these videos or view them through our HD player, and discover how the world of big data can—and will—affect your organization.
Here are just a few of the sessions you’ll receive in this video package:
- The Two Most Important Algorithms in Predictive Modeling Today—Jeremy Howard (Kaggle), Mike Bowles (Sole Proprietor)
- Architecting Virtualized Infrastructure for Big Data—Richard McDougall (VMware)
Business & Industry:
- Data Jujitsu: The Art of Turning Data into Product—DJ Patil (Greylock Partners)
- Improving Productivity Using Real-Time Data—Jacomo Corbo (QuantumBlack)
Visualization & Interface:
- Science of Visualization—Jock Mackinlay (Tableau Software)
- Roll Your Own Front End: A Survey of Creative Coding Frameworks—Michael Edgcumbe (Columbia University), Eric Mika (The Department of Objects)
Hadoop & Big Data:
- I Didn't Know You Could Do All that with Hadoop—Jack Norris (MapR)
- Storm: distributed and fault-tolerant realtime computation—Nathan Marz (Twitter)
- Understanding Social Contagion—Marcel Salathé (Penn State University)
- Changing Data Standards from Wall Street to DC and Beyond—John Mulholland (Fannie Mae)