What avoidable problem destroys more young startups than any other?
Why is it a mistake to ask for introductions to investors?
When do you play the CEO card?
Should you sell out?
Author and four-time founder/CEO Dan Shapiro tells the stories of dozens of startups whose companies lived and died by the advice in these pages. From inception to destruction and triumph to despair, this rollercoaster read takes aspiring entrepreneurs from the highs of billion-dollar payouts and market-smashing success to the depths of impostor syndrome and bankruptcy.
Hot Seat is divided into the five phases of the startup CEO experience:
- Founding explains how to formulate your idea, allocate equity, and not argue yourself to death
- Funding provides the keys to venture capital, angels, and crowdfunding, plus clear advice on which approach to choose
- Leadership lays out a path to build a strategy and culture for your team that will survive good times and bad
- Management reveals how to manage your board, argue with your team, and play the CEO card
- Endgame explains how to finish a company's existence with grace, wealth, and minimal litigation