Master the skills and technologies that make data work
Didn’t make it to Strata Santa Clara 2013? No problem. This complete video compilation puts you front and center at every keynote, session, and tutorial from the biggest Strata Conference to date. With more than 100 presentations from today’s leading big data practitioners, you’ll learn the latest approaches to data-driven business, data design, data science, new data from an increasingly connected world, and many other issues.
Join data experts from the worlds of the tech, finance, media, and government—including Danah Boyd from Microsoft Research, Nathan Marz at Twitter, Kenneth Cukier with The Economist, Sarah Sproehnle from Cloudera, Inc., and Bradford Stephens of Drawn to Scale.
Download this compilation or view it through our HD player, and discover why the future belongs to those who understand how to collect and use their data successfully. Here are just a few of the sessions you’ll receive in this video package:
- An Introduction to the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack (BDAS) Featuring Spark, Spark Streaming, and Shark
- Sketching Techniques for Real-time Big Data
- Medical Data: Going from Hospitals to Home
- Sociometric Badges: Using Wearable Sensors to Change Management
- Real-World Machine Learning on Big Data: Which Method(s) Should You Use?
- Try, Learn, Buy: Operations Research Meets AI
- Using Web Standards to Create Interactive Data Visualizations
- Maps Not Lists: Network Graphs for Data Exploration
Hadoop in Practice:
- Hadoop Data Warehousing with Hive
- Tricks for Distributed System Debugging and Diagnosis
Law, Ethics, and Open Data:
- Sci vs. Sci: Attack Vectors for Black-hat Data Scientists, and Possible Countermeasures
- A Model Strategy for Data Journalism in a Country Without Open Data