Deliver rich audio and video real-time communication and peer-to-peer data exchange right in the browser, without the need for proprietary plug-ins. This concise hands-on guide shows you how to use the emerging Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) technology to build a browser-to-browser application, piece by piece.
- Tour the WebRTC development cycle and trapezoid architectural model
- Understand how and why VoIP is shifting from standalone functionality to a browser component
- Use mechanisms that let client-side web apps interact with browsers through the WebRTC API
- Transfer streaming data between browser peers with the RTCPeerConnection API
- Create a signaling channel between peers for setting up a WebRTC session
- Put everything together to create a basic WebRTC system from scratch
- Learn about conferencing, authorization, and other advanced WebRTC features