Planning to deploy and maintain a public, private, or hybrid cloud service? This cookbook’s handy how-to recipes help you quickly learn and install Apache CloudStack, along with several API clients, API wrappers, data architectures, and configuration management technologies that work as part of CloudStack’s ecosystem.
You’ll learn how to use Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Fluentd, Libcloud, and several other open source tools that let you build and operate CloudStack better and faster. If you’re an experienced programmer, system administrator, or DevOps practitioner familiar with bash, Git, package management, and some Python, you’re ready to go.
- Learn basic CloudStack installation from source, including features such as DevCloud, the CloudStack sandbox
- Get a step-by-step guide for installing CloudStack from packages on Ubuntu 14.04 using KVM
- Write your own applications on top of the CloudStack API, using CloudMonkey, Libcloud, jclouds, and CloStack
- Expose different APIs on CloudStack with the EC2Stack, Boto, and Eutester API wrappers
- Deploy applications easily, using Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef, and Vagrant
- Dive into cloud monitoring and storage with RiakCS, Fluentd, and Apache Whirr