Create stunning D3 data visualizations and render them as part of a responsive design
This video course starts out by describing ways in which D3.js fits into existing web standards to provide data visualization solutions that can be easily integrated. After working through the basic flow of simple visualizations, we’ll start adding features: tooltips, axes, and scales. We’ll take a look at interactivity and transitions. Then we’ll walk through the use of external data sources, including CSV, TSV, JSON, and GeoJSON, which will prepare us for more in-depth visualizations.
Further on we’ll tackle responsive design, covering all the basic concepts, and then work our way through a site mockup the old fashioned way, looking for breakpoints and using media queries to provide smooth screen size transitions. Our work with responsive design will then be applied to a number of our early data visualizations.
By the end of this course, you will have an armoury full of tools to create feature-rich data visualizations with D3.js that are responsive on different platforms.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Learn the basic structure of data binding in D3.js
- Construct a number of D3 visualizations, including bar chart, line chart, scatter plot, pie chart, tree chart, and maps
- Master D3 visualization features such as tooltips, axes, and scales
- Understand the importance of interactivity, and transitioning between two states of a visualization for enhanced, responsive experience
- Find, prepare, load, and use external data sources such as CSV, TSV, JSON, and Geo Data
- Explore the world of responsive design using data visualization libraries, such as Bootstrap and Pym, to enhance your web designing skills