A fully featured hands-on guide to advanced Express JS usage that covers useful libraries, testing, real-time apps and deployment.
Mastering Express Web Application Development will introduce the tools and libraries you need to take your Express development career to the next level. By learning how to use tools to make your life easier, you can do more in less time.
To start, we’ll create a new Express application, learn how to configure it and increase application visibility by using logs. We will explore Express itself, along with various libraries that will help improve your development experience. We’ll be building on the previous section’s work each time. As we move on we’ll take a look at technologies such as SSL and Nginx, and work through deploying your application to production in a secure and scalable way. Furthermore, we will study various existing Express projects that are open source, and a review of how they are structured to help you to organize your own applications in a systematic way.
By the end of the course, you will be an expert in using a wide range of new tools and libraries which will help you deliver the best value to your customers.
Who this course is for
If you are comfortable installing Express and building simple applications and think it’s time to take it to the next level, this course is for you. This course will help solve all the complex conundrums in building eye-catching, dynamic, real-time web applications in ExpressJS.
What you will learn from this course
- Customise Express by changing how it is configured, the templating engine used, and integrating additional open source tools
- Solve complicated problems like handling various websocket standards by using prebuilt tools and libraries to focus on implementing business requirements
- Use SocketIO to store user information in a database to build up a collection of users
- Create real-time applications that will impress users and help distribute information even faster
- Learn how to secure your application with the help of SSL, one of the best security systems and the technology behind HTTPS
- Deploy your application in a reliable and scalable way using Nginx and proxy_pass
- Increase application visibility with event logs
- Run your application in various environments, by changing nothing but the configuration