The word “influence” rightfully smacks of manipulation. But what if you could influence others using communication strategies that were ethical and open? What if the strategies you used were so focused and fair that the very people you were trying to influence wanted you to use them? Those are the concepts you'll explore in this video, and you’ll learn how to influence others through considerate, principled means.
- Understand how to influence others by listening instead of talking
- Learn to create “the story” about your idea that everyone wants to hear
- Explore “framing,” a technique that frees people from preconceived notions and enables change
- Discover how to use sampling to knock down resistance to your ideas
- Find out why taking people “behind the scenes” of your ideas helps them embrace your ideas
- Master the “live your pitch” technique for rehearsing what you want to say
Mark Levy makes his living making other people succeed at what they want to do. His firm, Levy Innovation (www.levyinnovation.com), helps CEOs, business consultants, entertainers, authors, and TED speakers, among others, focus their pitches and build their businesses. As one of his clients puts it, “Mark Levy is a horse whisperer for writers and business thinkers.” He is also a killer magician.