Right from the start we'll dive into the implementation of a text-based adventure game. We will also see how function composition is used to solve specific problems in this domain by combining highly generic functions. We learn function programming techniques that help improve asynchronous code used to load the game from disk.
Later we'll become acquainted with a few other examples as well, as we learn about designing applications around an immutable data structure. And we end our journey with a discussion of recursion and how it relates to lazy data structures, and show examples of using previously discussed techniques on infinite data sets.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Explore higher-order functions, what they are and how to work with them
- Solve issues related to asynchronous methods effectively by using promises
- Use a library such as immutable.js to implement immutability
- Implement immutability with Facebook’s React for super fast user interfaces
- Combine a “functional core” to build a web application where most of the code is functional
- Make efficient use of recursion with big data sets to make code easier to visualize