Get started with Flask, a powerful web framework for Python that's easy to learn and use
This course will give you a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience you require to successfully build web apps with Flask.
We'll start by turning your computer into a modern development machine. Next, we'll move beyond static websites and develop a powerful database-backed dynamic Flask app. We won’t stop there, because we’ll also cover how to implement a full authentication system. Finally, we'll extend the app's functionality by learning how to integrate it with third-party APIs.
When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps.
Who this course is for
This video course is for new developers who want to explore Flask and build custom web applications quickly and easily. Some basic familiarity with Python will help you understand the code more easily.
What you will learn from this course
- Set up a development environment with all the necessary software to develop Flask apps
- Create robust databases with PostgreSQL to safely store user data for your dynamic websites
- Build an authentication and authorization system using Flask-Login and Flask-Oauth to protect your pages from improper access
- Use Flask extensions such as Flask-Gravatar, Flask SSLify, and more to add a wide range of functionalities to your app
- Integrate the Wikipedia API to build a location-based service