Unleash the power of Cassandra to develop complex and feature-rich web applications for efficient data management
Mastering Cassandra is a power house of various advanced techniques that will help you become an expert in professional-level data management. This video course starts off from the essence of the web application architecture to setting up the environment with a single-node Cassandra cluster, and takes you to a level where you can build, implement, and secure web applications with ease.
In this step-by-step guide we will develop a real-time web portal application in Java and Cassandra. We'll start off by touching upon the major components of a Java web application and the development tools for the course, and then go deeper into the system analysis and designing of the CassandraWebTrader focusing on the Spring Framework projects. Through our journey to master Cassandra, we'll be working with core concepts and design patterns such as dependency injection, aspect-oriented programming, model-view-controller, and enterprise integration patterns.
We'll build the CassandraWebTrader and implement all the typical functions of a web application as well as demonstrate the application of modeling-by-query techniques of Cassandra data modeling. In addition to this, we’ll understand the techniques and design trade-offs of a real-world complex system. Finally, we will ace production configuration of CassandraWebTrader and discuss the most pertinent tasks in our daily operations, such as application monitoring and database backup.
By the end of this course, you will be armed with all the knowledge needed to efficiently design and develop Java web applications using Cassandra.
Who this course is for
If you are a web architect or a developer, who is passionate about developing Java applications with Cassandra, and is ready to take their skillset to an advanced level, this course is for you. All you need to get started is some basic Linux commands and knowledge of Java and Cassandra.
What you will learn from this course
- Grasp the building blocks of the de facto multi-tier application architecture of Cassandra
- Design, develop, and implement a Java-Cassandra web application and deploy it to production
- Explore the unique features and capabilities offered by Cassandra's data model
- Master the use and configuration of Spring Data Cassandra to make our application more powerful
- Become proficient in programming in the MVC design pattern for enterprise-ready applications
- Add a new responsive dimension to your web applications using Bootstrap
- Use and deploy Spring Boot application using JavaConfig
- Make your web applications secure with Spring Security