Accelerate and automate web development workflows using Grunt
Learning Grunt is a systematic guide that will help you build up your workflow from installing and using Grunt to a basic degree, to advanced configurations and creating your own plugins.
We'll start off by creating our development area and getting Node and Grunt installed. Then, we'll move on to look at some Grunt basics including defining and running tasks as well as working with configuration. Next we'll dive into getting the first iteration of our workflow setup, with a focus on running basic tasks. From there, we'll evolve our workflow into a more advanced build system focusing on tasks such as loading modules better using Require.js, and testing our application using Karma and Jasmine. Lastly, you'll learn how to create your very own plugins in order to make your workflow unstoppable.
This course will give you the workflow you need to help you focus on building high-quality applications and sites instead of wrestling with manual processes.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Create a development workflow in which you can lint and build your source files, run your unit tests, and preview your site in a web server, all from the command line
- Make the most of Node.js to create scalable and real-time applications
- Configure Require.js to accelerate your code performance
- Minimize your work time by adding multiple configurations for a single task
- Test your code like a pro using Karma and Jasmine
- Integrate Git into your Grunt workflow for powerful source control management
- Identify common issues and problems in Grunt and brush up your troubleshooting skills