Create engaging data-driven and interactive visualizations to display complex data using D3.js
This course starts with the very basics of frontend web development showing the challenges of incorporating dynamic graphics without using D3. Users learn to combine data with visual elements on the page to create informative visualizations. By the end of this section, viewers will be comfortable with using the D3 library to create their own custom concept of data-driven visualizations.
We’ll see how to use real datasets via APIs to create custom visualizations. By leveraging the interactive nature of web programming we’ll look at how to incorporate user input to add interactivity to our visualization. We’ll start with basic scatter plots and slowly build upon this foundation to create more complicated forms of dynamic data visualizations. Eventually we’ll end the video course by walking through the process of creating a completely novel form of visualization merging concepts of both a scatter plot and a geographic map.
Building Interactive Data Visualizations with D3.js provides one with the foundation to continue on their journey of creating novel and highly impactful data visualizations.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Understand the importance of using visual elements to simplify and derive meaning from data
- Use the Enter/Update/Exit design pattern effectively
- Learn to create custom visualizations
- Incorporate user input for dynamic visualization engines.
- Introduce transitions and animations to highlight changes when data is updated
- Discover different techniques for visually encoding information in graphics
- Master interactions with public APIs to pull in data from external sources