Discover the MEAN stack for web development to create powerful, enterprise-scale applications
This course focuses on the full-stack MEAN development process and goes in-depth by incorporating a supporting architecture with Grunt and integrating automated testing. It will walk you through building a real, enterprise-grade application.
Starting out with the fundamentals of the MEAN stack technologies, you will learn how to build a strong solution architecture for automated builds and distributed development. You’ll then dive deep into Grunt, Bower, and npm to become a full-stack MEAN engineer. You will discover how to build one-to-many relationships using arrays of objects in Mongoose. Diving even deeper, you’ll meet new technologies such as D3, which will help you to build graphs for an enterprise dashboard. Then, we will test our Node and Angular applications with Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, and Chai.
By the end, you’ll be able to build a powerful, MEAN-backed application for working in a distributed team.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Leverage existing third-party libraries using npm and bower
- Develop an Angular application without a Node backend
- Build graphs for the dashboard of our enterprise application with d3
- Create your own Node modules using npm
- Utilize Mongoose to manage your data in Mongo and build complex pipelined queries
- Test your Node and Angular applications with Grunt, Mocha and Jasmine
- Use Grunt for automation and streamlined development