A fascinating journey into the world of responsive web design
This video course walks you through all the steps involved in building responsive designs with ease and will upgrade your skills as a web designer.
We will start off with the basics of media queries, which are the key to responsive design, and creating custom layouts based on output type. You’ll get a deeper understanding of responsive design, how to plan for it, and how to work with various media query expressions and features. You’ll learn how to design for multiple devices and resolutions, and optimize for media types including print, screen, mobile, desktop, and more. In addition, you will also become familiar with central responsive frameworks, such as Bootstrap, and will become able to tackle responsive design challenges using effective design strategies.
Finally, we will look at the future of web design and discuss CSS4 media queries, which were still in the planning stages when this course was being developed. These are not supported yet by browsers, but will give us a glimpse of what lies ahead to help us understand the possible future for media queries.
This video course is the ultimate guide to responsive web design that will give you all the knowledge and skills needed to create fully responsive designs for the modern web!
Who this course is for
Are you an existing web developer familiar with HTML and CSS, who is ready to take on the future of web creation using responsive web design? Then this is the course for you!
What you will learn from this course
- Get an in-depth knowledge of media queries—the heart of responsive web design
- Create advanced design strategies for different devices, aspect ratios, and resolutions
- Work with the Twitter Bootstrap framework to build effective designs
- Make your design backward-compatible and expand support to IE9 with HTML5shim
- Enhance the user experience using relative measurement types
- Stay up to date with all the future developments in web design and discover CSS4 media queries