Take your first steps into web application development with Yii 2 and get rapidly acquainted with the new and improved PHP framework
The more applications we develop for the web, the more aware we become that we’re spending time on the same repetitive tasks. Learning Yii 2 demonstrates how it is entirely possible to write quality applications fast. This course will show you how to create a basic but fully functional dating site for monsters. All this with minimal effort on your part, because the Yii framework simplifies the overhead work.
We’ll start by installing Yii's basic application template via Vagrant. Before you know it, you’ll have a fully-functional web application that is ready to be customized. You’ll learn to generate Models, Views, and Controllers, and debug and test them with the Debug Toolbar and Codeception. As we continue, you’ll learn to modify that generated code to create a registration page, a profile page, and a listing page, as well as a search interface using ActiveQuery and TypeAhead. We’ll also use ACF and RBAC to boost the security of our website.
By the end, you’ll be comfortable using Yii 2 to develop your own personal and professional web applications.
Who this course is for
While no previous experience with the Yii framework is required for you to benefit from this course, it is recommended that have a good understanding of PHP’s object-oriented features. It would also be helpful to have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and Twitter Bootstrap.
What you will learn from this course
- Set up a development environment for your application
- Scaffold Models, Views and Controllers quickly using Gii
- Write automated tests using the Codeception testing framework
- Make a secure environment using ACF and RBAC
- Keep view code clean with HTMLHelper
- Build a robust search UI with ActiveQuery and TypeAhead
- Create alternate themes for your site
- Send e-mails using SwiftMailer
- Translate your application into multiple languages