Starting from the basics of resolving and rejecting Promises, we will gradually move on to controlling flows by redirecting outcomes, making failures into successes, and vice versa, and modifying data to make it ready for display. Once you have familiarized yourself with Promises, we will review the many awesome ways of combining Promises, such as waiting for all tasks or grabbing the first task to complete. Finally, we will ensure that you fully master Promises with a section on extra Promises that will provide further useful information and examples. Throughout the course, you will apply every single feature you have discovered by creating meaningful widgets that utilize Promises, both in ES6 and in AngularJS.
This course will not only make you feel comfortable utilizing Promises when they are provided, but will also make you appreciate how much easier they can make your programming in the future. You will gain hands-on, real-life knowledge and experience of a great technology that is on the rise.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Create your own Promises to handle asynchronous processes
- Decide the fate of a process: either as a success or a failed task
- Add callbacks to determine what should be done upon completion
- Chain promises into a full asynchronous flow
- Change failures into successes to meet the needs of your specific application
- Modify data to make it ready for display
- Fight race conditions: wait for several parallel tasks to complete before moving onSimulate asynchronous behavior
- Race Promises against each other and single out the fastest one
- Choose between events and Promises