A hands-on video course packed with practical examples to get you started with Docker and create dazzling applications
Beginning Docker starts with the fundamentals of Docker—explaining how it works, how to set it up, and how to get started on leveraging the benefits of this technology. The course goes on to cover more advanced features and shows you how to create and share your own Docker images.
You will learn how to install Docker on your own machine, then how to manage it effectively, and then progress to creating and publishing your very own application. You will then learn a bit more about Docker Containers; built-in features and commands such as volumes, mounts, ports, and linking and constraining containers; before diving into running a web application.
Docker has functionality such as the Docker web API to handle complex automation processes which will be explained in detail. You will also learn how to use the Docker Hub to fetch and share containers, before running through the creation of your own Docker powered mini-Heroku
Beginning Docker covers everything required to get you up and running with Docker, with detailed real-world examples and helpful tips to make sure you get the most from it.
Who this course is for
If you’re a developer who wants to learn about Docker, a powerful tool to manage your applications effectively on various platforms, this course is perfect for you! It assumes basic knowledge of Linux but supplies everything you need to know to get your own Docker environment up and running.
What you will learn from this course
- Build new Docker containers and find and manage existing ones
- Use the Docker Index, and create your own private one by using containers
- Discover ways to automate Docker, and harness the power of containers!
- Build your own Docker powered mini-Heroku Paas with Dokku
- Set up Docker on your environment based on your application’s custom requirements
- Master Docker patterns and enhancements using the Ambassador and Minimal containers