Develop applications with lightning fast data access using Redis
Learning Redis is an example-based introduction which demonstrates how to work with the data store by creating a playable word game, written in Node.js. Fundamental topics of Redis are covered along the way.
Whether you’re writing a game or any other application, you need a place to store data. Learning Redis will demonstrate why you should implement Redis.
Throughout the course, we will put to use the important concepts of Redis such as keys, values, sets, and hashes, which will help us build a solid application that works on some of the most important app requirements such as information storage, validation, pub/sub, notifications, and sorting.
By the end of the course, you will understand how to make use of all of Redis’ features so you can design applications with rapid, efficiently managed data access.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Explore Redis commands and make the most of the supplied toolset
- Install Redis for use on a machine or on the cloud
- Use Redis interactively through its command line interface (CLI)
- Efficiently tackle application complexity using Redis data structures
- Store, list, and sort data with Redis to help create dynamic applications
- Make the most of the Redis data store by developing an exciting word game with Node.js
- Set up and use a hosted Redis database for increased scalability
- Validate and notify your players using the pub/sub mechanism