Excel at AngularJS testing skills and coding techniques to build potent, interactive applications
Learning Angular.JS Testing will help you to understand the different aspects involved in testing components, such as controllers and directives, with the help of a practical pizza ordering application right from the start, all the way to the end!
We’ll start by constructing a project structure of our app, before installing and initializing various helpful tools such as Karma, Jasmine, and Grunt. We will create controllers for ordering the pizza, reviewing the order and test them be it with or without any dependencies. Not only that, but we will also go through testing the navigation between two controllers with the help of End2End testing. After that, we will create accordion directives for our application, unit test them, and resolve the errors if these tests fail. Furthermore, we will modify our services to use the $resource module and help them interact with REST API web services, as well as unit test them with the help of mocks and spies. Finally, we will create and test directives and controllers which fetch information from the service and display it.
At the end of the course, you’ll be familiar with the various approaches involved in testing AngularJS code and will be able to implement them to develop bug-free and maintainable applications.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Setup your testing environment by installing and configuring various tools like Jasmine, Karma and Grunt
- Unit test your controllers without dependencies and those with dependencies with the help of mocks and spies
- Analyze the navigation between two different controllers with routes using End2End testing
- Create and test accordion directives for DOM manipulations as well as perform End2End test on controllers which use them
- Build and test a service which interacts with REST API