Companies have always sought to get value from the most venerated technical developments of their era. Now in the age of big data, companies are attempting to tap into its significant value by building data science teams. More crucial, however, is determining exactly what the team should focus on—and this is where many businesses falter and ultimately fail to truly realize value from data science.
Even companies armed with big budgets and an arsenal of data science talent are not immune to stumbling and failing to identify exactly where to apply their armory for maximum business value.
This practical book draws on years of research and consulting to outline a tried-and-tested process that enables companies to detect those high value, game-changing opportunities for data science. Supported by practical examples, this book serves as a valuable tool for both business leaders and those who have been tasked with putting together business cases for investments in data science.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to:
- Follow a process that will help you identify where you can use data science to generate true value for your business
- Identify where you can use data science to generate true value for your business
- Understand how data science fits in your organization
- Quantify the size and potential of data science projects
- Provide value-generating focus for your data science teams