With Early Release ebooks, you get books in their earliest form—the author's raw and unedited content as he or she writes—so you can take advantage of these technologies long before the official release of these titles. You'll also receive updates when significant changes are made, new chapters are available, and the final ebook bundle is released.
What is the value of data science in your organization? Companies hoping to harness big data are busy creating data science teams, but many of them neglect the crucial steps to ensure success. Consequently, a large number of organizations falter, struggle to launch, and fail to realize the true value from data science.
In this essential guide, author Mike Bugembe, Chief Analytics Officer at JustGiving.com, provides a tried-and-tested process that can help you detect high value, game-changing opportunities, and maximize the chances of success for data science initiatives within your company.
Supported by practical examples, this book serves as a constructive tool for business leaders who not only understand the promise that data science brings, but who are also eager to generate the industry-disrupting value that we’ve seen from so many data science success stories.
This book will help you:
- Understand and navigate common pitfalls when investing in data science
- Help your organization realize the true value in data by discussing culture and team set up
- Define an organizational strategy for data science and identify use cases
- Quantify the size and potential of data science projects
- Provide value-generating focus for your data science teams