Learn how to deploy Laravel applications smoothly and optimally
Learning Application Deployment with Laravel is a great introduction into the world of deployment. You'll learn how to deploy a project as a team, deploy a project to different staging environments, and finally different ways to actually host your deployed application. At the end of the course, we look at a couple of ways to make what can be a flavorless process more lively, or maybe even fun!
We'll start off by setting up our machine and getting familiar with the tools and code we'll be using throughout the course. You'll learn about interesting things such continuous deployment workflows, and an application's life cycle. You'll find out about the different types of staging environments you can set up for your users and your team. You'll also discover when to use a cloud server over the traditional web hosting providers, how to handle a team, and see how tricky databases can be. Finally, we'll close things up with some techniques to make deployment a little less painful.
Learning Application Deployment with Laravel will introduce you to and ground you in the basics of the many moving parts of a process that every developer has to eventually perform. This video course will rid any deployment phobias you may have, and teach you in a way that is fun and engaging. After going through these videos, you will be one step closer to being an all-star developer.
Who this course is for
This course is for web developers who use Laravel, or are interested in using the framework. This course delivers a valuable series of deployment options. You should know some PHP, but do not necessarily require experience with Laravel.
What you will learn from this course
- Get your environment "deployment-ready" and install helpful applications to ease the process
- Choose the best deployment method for your project
- Adopt common practices to deploy your application to different server environments
- Understand how to deploy databases effectively
- Explore cloud deployment with Heroku and Bluemix
- Boost team productivity by implementing collaboration tools such as Slack and developing a deployment interface
- Deploy a web application and incorporate a continuous deployment workflow by integrating Git