Ace at CSS3 Selectors to tackle the most important aspect of web designing – the power of selection
Mastering CSS3 Selectors focuses on the power of CSS3 selectors and how they can be intelligently leveraged to create powerful interactive sites. This video course explores CSS selectors in depth, demonstrating how to work with them on a granular level to confidently manipulate all the elements of a web page.
We'll start off the course with a quick refresher of the core CSS selectors available since CSS1 and become familiar with the Universal selector. We'll then move on to see how we can control the colors of actions and links in CSS and will get ourselves up-to-date with the changes that have taken place with them. Next we'll work with the new CSS2 and CSS3 attribute selectors and learn the basics of how to work with the lang attribute in HTML and the lang-CSS selector.
As we proceed, we'll master the usage of a wide array of selector techniques and tricks, including working with dynamic content around elements, manipulating inner content, understanding structural selectors, and more.
Taking an in-depth look at specific selectors within CSS3, by the end of the course you will have complete control over every element of a web page to make your site behave exactly the way you want it to.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Develop the essential skills required to progress into professional CSS web designing
- Leverage the power of selectors to target HTML elements based on any one of their attributes
- Reduce the excess overhead on your web pages using combinator selectors
- Manipulate the appearance of characters using inner content selectors
- Control the styling of an item that is the focus of a hashtag link using the powerful target selector
- Enhance the usability of your web pages by adding dynamic content on the fly with the help of structural selectors