Learn how to create engaging, visually impressive applications for iOS with Swift 2
Application Development with Swift 2 will show you how to turn your application ideas into reality. This course teaches you how to start developing applications for iOS by building a real iOS application with Swift 2.
We will begin by setting up with Xcode 7 before quickly jumping into building the user interface and making use of Storyboards. We'll look at many ways to enhance the user experience by implementing buttons, images, and text fields, and displaying data with Tableviews.
You will discover the power of protocols, delegation, and notifications to make your application professional and look at ways to persist user data. After that, you will see how we can stylize the application with colors, application icons, and a launch screen.
Application Development with Swift 2 will guide you through each step of the build process, giving you the tools and skills you need to create your own applications in the future.
Who this course is for
Whether you are a novice looking to begin your first iOS project or a seasoned developer looking to hone your skills with Swift 2, Application Development with Swift 2 will help you to achieve your goals.
What you will learn from this course
- Get familiar with the key tools for iOS application development, and explore the Xcode environment for simplified builds
- Create simple, elegant, interfaces using Storyboards
- Understand the Model-View-Controller architecture and how it applies to iOS development, as well as other key concepts such as delegation and protocols
- Work with Tableviews to display a series of data objects in a stylish and user friendly way
- Find out how to navigate around your application and pass data from one controller to another
- Perfect your application with app icons and a launch screen