Explore and master the advanced features of Django to build professional, manageable web applications
Mastering Django Web Development shows you how to use advanced concepts to help you build professional grade Django applications.
We start off by learning how class-based views work so that you can fully benefit from this powerful, but often poorly understood feature. We'll then create custom middleware which will help us better organize frequently used code.
Have you ever wanted to build a complete REST API? We'll do just that, starting out with a basic read-only API and then adding key-based authentication to allow the full range of CRUD functionality. We'll also utilize model managers and the Q method so that we can make it easier to get the data we need to our views and clients.
For the finishing touches, we'll dive into the details of caching, to improve our application performance, and then add custom management commands to help us automate routine tasks.
By the end of this video course, you will emerge a Django expert.
Who this course is for
If you're ready to move beyond the basics and wish to take on the advanced concepts to make your applications work better and faster, this course is for you.
What you will learn from this course
- Use complex class-based views to implement a variety of functionalities in Django
- Optimize database querying with the use of different kinds of caching
- Create and use your own custom middleware for a Django app
- Play with your data to get custom results with the use of template tags and filters
- Delve into advance database modeling to build a custom database field for your Django application
- Perform repeat complex queries by using managers with your database models
- Automate tasks that run at a specific time or interval with the aid of Crontab