Get to grips with the CSS preprocessing language LESS
Learning LESS will guide you through the basics of setting up LESS within your workflow. LESS is like CSS on steroids. This course will introduce you to the main features of the language and leave you with the know-how required to make your stylesheets more efficient and maintainable.
This course starts with the fundamentals and shows you how powerful LESS can be. We'll start by introducing you to the language, followed by incorporating LESS into our workflow, including automation and taskrunners. You'll learn what variables do and how to use them. You'll then find out how to create maintainable CSS using mixins and extends, and you'll discover the best way to organise your LESS code. We'll look at the powerful built-in functions and finally examine the other ways to power up our front-end development workflow!
Learning LESS takes you from zero to hero, leaving you with the expertise required to produce efficient stylesheets.
Who this course is for
This video is for frontend developers who are used to using CSS, but want to expand their skill set and improve the speed of their workflow.
What you will learn from this course
- Get to know the basics of CSS preprocessing so you can work with LESS effortlessly
- Automate the processing of LESS with task runners
- Get to know about variables and the best ways to use them within your LESS files
- Nest your CSS to improve readability
- Power-up your code with mixins
- Work with parametric mixins to customize their output
- Make your code more maintainable by using Extends
- Get smart with functions by using Color functions, Math functions, and Image functions
- Use the built-in functions with LESS to produce your own color palette
- Discover more tools to help level-up your frontend toolkit