Transition AngularJS applications effectively and elegantly to Angular 2
This course demonstrates how to apply an effective migration plan for transitioning Angular 1.x projects to Angular 2. Opening with an introduction to the major changes and additions brought by the new framework, we quickly scope out a plan to a migrate a sample weather application from its original Angular 1.x code base.
We then explain how to migrate blocks of code incrementally, as opposed to porting code in bulk, and give you a brief introduction to Typescript and ECMAScript 6. Throughout we'll show you how to gradually deprecate $scope, upgrade services, work with the component router, transition forms, and more.
By completion of this course, you will be rapidly up to speed with the fundamental building blocks of Angular 2 development, and fully capable (and confident) transitioning existing Angular 1.x projects to the new environment, ready to explore everything the new Angular has to offer.
Who this course is for
If you've built an application with Angular 1.x and need direction on how to efficiently migrate that application across to Angular 2, this video course delivers the knowledge for you to do it. In addition to that, it is for anyone who has used Angular 1.x before and wants a fast, hands-on introduction to the key changes of the updated framework.
What you will learn from this course
- Familiarize yourself with Angular 2's new syntax and its change detection mechanism
- Plan and migrate code incrementally and avoid bulk migration
- Use the ng-upgrade library to facilitate the migration process
- Understand how to work with the new component router
- Switch and upgrade services, directives and forms to their Angular 2 equivalents
- Introduce yourself to ECMAScript 6 and start incorporating TypeScript classes
- Follow best practices recommended by the Angular core team for migrating projects