Leverage the simplicity and power of PHP 7 to develop feature-rich web applications
Learning PHP 7 demonstrates how to script for the web, providing everything from simple PHP commands to advanced data manipulations.
The course takes a deep dive into basic PHP concepts such as variables, constants, operators, arrays, conditionals, and loops, which every developer needs to master. The course also covers object-oriented paradigms and coding standards, which acts as the do’s and don'ts of writing code.
The core of the course lies in bringing all the newly introduced features to fruition. This is done through the creation of a fun social web application where a viewer can post and share pictures including features of likes and comments. The use of several controllers in the application provides the viewer with a learning curve to add more interactivity to their own applications. The course also shows you how to build an administrative panel with an intuitive menu and create a dynamic page to manage the users, photos, and comments in the application.
Important topics such as creating an API for an RSS feed, deploying with Docker and Amazon AWS, and versioning with Git are a real bonus for blooming web developers.
Who this course is for
If you are looking to build a robust feature-rich website for your business or use PHP to open new financial opportunities, Learning PHP 7 is just the right choice for you. We expect you have a background in general programming principles and can write in any programming language.
What you will learn from this course
- Set up your development environment the right way using modern tools such as PHP 7 Apache and MySQL
- Get to know the concepts of object-oriented programming, the driving force behind every software technology
- See real-world examples of how the HTTP protocol and Ajax calls power the communications of a website
- Find out how to manipulate data in MySQL and map data to the front end of applications with ease
- Create a social networking website with amazing real-time features such as uploading, sharing, liking, and commenting on a photo
- Improve the user interactivity of your website by learning how asynchronous calls function
- As the admin of your website, manage the entire network of users with the help of an administration panel
- Deliver high-quality application to your peers by testing and debugging the code with modern techniques
- Dockerize your production-ready application and host it on Amazon for increased flexibility and exposure