Learn how to build efficient Angular 2 directives with this fast and interactive guide
Learning Angular 2 Directives helps you get on track by introducing you to Google’s brand new Angular 2 web framework. In this video course, you will be guided through the various steps in building real-world Angular 2 components.
We will start by setting up a modern development environment with TypeScript and ES2015 support, and you'll gain an initial understanding of what components are about, how to build them, and how they differ from the directives. We then focus on applying new concepts while building a fictitious dashboard application for a home automation system.
We'll guide you through the process of building reusable Angular 2 components. You will learn about HTML rendering templates, see how to establish a data flow between different components, and even find out how to integrate external libraries. But not only that, we will also focus on how to make our components production-ready and maintainable by applying automated unit and end-to-end testing techniques. As a bonus, you will discover how to bring your Angular 2 components to other environments such as the server side and mobile devices.
Learning Angular 2 Directives is your go-to guide when building successful Angular 2 components.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Develop a strong understanding of Angular 2 components by slicing static HTML pages into dedicated components
- Configure a modern setup with TypeScript, SystemJS, and ES2015
- Refactor and upgrade an Angular 1.x application to Angular 2
- Design reusable components by understanding how data flows in and out of them and by leveraging advanced Angular 2 template techniques
- Debug Angular 2 components and write automated unit and end-to-end tests
- Embed external libraries such as d3
- Run Angular 2 components on mobile devices and on the server