Create robust and spectacular games in two hours with these fast-paced, yet beginner-friendly videos based on HTLM5
This course will take you through all you need to know to get started creating your first game in HTML5. It starts by introducing you to working with HTML5 to create web-based games. Through practical game examples, you will understand how to work with HTML to create game logic, work with animations in CSS3, add audio, implement basic physics and collision detection, build levels, and polish the game with menus and game over sequences.
You will see how to write games with the graphical in-browser drawing capabilities of HTML Canvas, with the support of the CreateJS library. It also covers how to make games mobile-friendly. By the end of this video, you will be comfortable creating in-browser games in HTML and CSS.
Who this course is for
What you will learn from this course
- Draw vector game graphics in Adobe Animate
- Modularize game components and create maintainable reusable code
- Manage a graphics display in Canvas with CreateJS library
- Deploy the game on the web for visitors to play
- Define programming classes for game objects
- Determine the collision between an avatar and different types of game object
- Identify difficulty by controlling the platforms placement and enemies count
- Implement a score multiplier when the player collects coins in a streak
- Find out how to polish and enhance the game by adding a menu scene and game-over scene