9+ Hours of Video Training
Data Science with Python and R LiveLessons
is tailored to beginner data scientists seeking to use Python or R for data science. This course includes fundamentals of data preparation, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, and interactive data science applications. Students will learn how to build predictive models and how to create interactive visual applications for their line of business using the Anaconda platform. This course will introduce data scientists to using Python and R for building on an ecosystem of hundreds of high performance open source tools.
The companion Jupyter notebooks for these LiveLessons are available at https://anaconda.org/datasciencepythonr.
About the Instructors
Ian Stokes-Rees, a computational scientist at Continuum Analytics, has been with the company since the beginning and was the team lead for the Collaboration component of Anaconda Enterprise. One of Ian’s key focus areas includes working with Continuum clients to leverage Open Data Science to meet their analytics needs.
Prior to joining Continuum Analytics, Ian was a lecturer and researcher in computational science at the Harvard Medical School and School of Engineering. He has also taught a range of introductory and advanced scientific computing courses at Harvard Medical School, the University of Oxford, and the European Molecular Biology Laboratory. Ian received his Ph.D. from the University of Oxford and has run and delivered hundreds of hours of industry training courses in business data modeling and web services architectures to thousands of engineers and scientists.
About Anaconda Powered by Continuum Analytics
Anaconda is the leading Open Data Science platform powered by Python, the fastest growing data science language with more than 11 million downloads to date. Continuum Analytics is the creator and driving force behind Anaconda, empowering leading businesses across industries worldwide with tools to identify patterns in data, uncover key insights and transform basic data into a goldmine of intelligence to solve the world’s most challenging problems. Anaconda puts superpowers into the hands of people who are changing the world. Learn more at continuum.io.
- Beginner level for data scientists
What You Will Learn
- Use Anaconda and Jupyter notebooks
- Understand Open Data Science concepts, roles, and workflows
- Wrangle data with Pandas
- Understand Anaconda Enterprise and collaboration workflows
- Create interactive visualizations with Bokeh
- Use Conda package management
- Use R for data processing and visualization
- Build statistical and predictive models
- Use Excel and Python with Anaconda Fusion
- Understand and use Mosaic for databases with distributed data
- Understand distributed and parallel computing with Dask
- Basic experience in Python programming
- Anaconda installed. Python. Anaconda downloads are available for Apple OS X , Microsoft Windows , and most Linux distributions. Optionally, Anaconda Trial, which includes features in the paid subscriptions, is available for download.
About LiveLessons Video Training
The LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at http://www.informit.com/livelessons.