Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time and Embedded Systems with UML and MARTE explains how to apply the complex MARTE standard in practical situations. This approachable reference provides a handy user guide, illustrating with numerous examples how you can use MARTE to design and develop real-time and embedded systems and software.
Expert co-authors Bran Selic and Sébastien Gérard lead the team that drafted and maintain the standard and give you the tools you need apply MARTE to overcome the limitations of cyber-physical systems. The functional sophistication required of modern cyber-physical systems has reached a point where traditional code-centric development methods are proving less and less capable of delivering a reliable product in a timely manner. In Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time and Embedded Systems with UML and MARTE, you will learn how to take advantage of modern model-based engineering methods and corresponding industry standards to overcome these limitations. These methods take full advantage of computer-supported automation allowing timely detection of design flaws to reduce engineering risk, leading thereby to better overall product quality and greater productivity.
- Understand the design rationale behind the MARTE standard needed to take full advantage of its many powerful modeling capabilities
- Best apply the various MARTE features for the most common use cases encountered in the design of real-time and embedded software
- Learn how MARTE can be used together with the SysML language for the design of complex cyber-physical systems
- Discover how MARTE can be used for different kinds of computer-supported engineering analyses to predict key system characteristics early in development
- Customize MARTE for a specific domain or project