The mobile threat landscape is evolving bringing about new forms of data loss. No longer can organizations rely on security policies designed during the PC era. Mobile is different and therefore requires a revised approach to countermeasures to mitigate data loss. Understanding these differences is fundamental to creating a new defense-in-depth strategy designed for mobile. Mobile Data Loss: Threats & Countermeasures reviews the mobile threat landscape using a hacker mind-set to outline risks and attack vectors that include malware, risky apps, operating system compromises, network attacks, and user behaviours. This provides the basis for then outlining countermeasures for defining a holistic mobile security methodology that encompasses proactive protections, response mechanisms, live monitoring, and incident response. Designing a comprehensive mobile security strategy is key. Mobile Data Loss: Threats & Countermeasures outlines the threats and strategies for protecting devices from a plethora of data loss vectors.
- Outlines differences in mobile devices versus PCs
- Reviews mobile threat landscape using a hacker mind-set to outline risks and attack vectors
- Summarizes the tools and techniques for implementing enterprise countermeasures
- Maps mobile to common security compliances including PCI, HIPAA, and CJIS
- Provides a defense-in-depth methodology and strategy for enterprises to minimize data loss