Formative Assessment, Learning Data Analytics and Gamification: An ICT Education discusses the challenges associated with assessing student progress given the explosion of e-learning environments, such as MOOCs and online courses that incorporate activities such as design and modeling. This book shows educators how to effectively garner intelligent data from online educational environments that combine assessment and gamification.
This data, when used effectively, can have a positive impact on learning environments and be used for building learner profiles, community building, and as a tactic to create a collaborative team. Using numerous illustrative examples and theoretical and practical results, leading international experts discuss application of automatic techniques for e-assessment of learning activities, methods to collect, analyze, and correctly visualize learning data in educational environments, applications, benefits and challenges of using gamification techniques in academic contexts, and solutions and strategies for increasing student participation and performance.
Indexing: The books of this series are submitted to EI-Compendex and SCOPUS
- Discusses application of automatic techniques for e-assessment of learning activities
- Presents strategies to provide immediate and useful feedback on students’ activities
- Provides methods to collect, analyze, and correctly visualize learning data in educational environments
- Explains the applications, benefits, and challenges of using gamification techniques in academic contexts
- Offers solutions to increase students’ participation and performance while lowering drop-out rates and retention levels