The World's Bestselling AutoCAD Resource Now Fully Updated for the2007 Release
There's a reason why Mastering AutoCAD is so popular year afteryear. Loaded with concise explanations, step-by-step instructions,and hands-on projects, this comprehensive reference and tutorialfrom award-winning author George Omura has everything you need tobecome an AutoCAD expert.
If you're new to AutoCAD, the tutorials will help you build yourskills right away. If you're an AutoCAD veteran, Omura's in-depthexplanations of the latest and most advanced features, includingall the new 3D tools, will turn you into an AutoCAD pro. Whateveryour experience level and however you use AutoCAD, you'll refer tothis indispensable reference again and again.
- Creating and developing AutoCAD drawings
- Drawing curves and applying solid fills
- Effectively using hatches, fields, and tables
- Manipulating dynamic blocks and attributes
- Linking drawings to databases and spreadsheets
- Keeping track of your projects with the Sheet Set Manager
- Creating cutaway and x-ray views to show off the interior ofyour 3D model
- Rendering realistic interior views with natural lighting
- Giving a hand-drawn look to 3D views
- Easily creating complex, free-form 3D shapes in minutes
- Making spiral forms with the Helix and Sweep tools
- Exploring your model in real time with the Walk and Flytools
- Creating animated AVI files of your 3D projects
- Customizing AutoCAD using AutoLISP®
- Securing and authenticating your files
- Sharing files with non-AutoCAD users
Featured on the CD
Load the trial version of AutoCAD 2007 and get started on thelessons in the book. The CD also includes project files andfinished drawings for all the book's exercises, a symbols library,a 2D and 3D parts library, and extra utilities to increase yourproductivity. Advance your skills even more with bonus chapters onVBA, Active X, architectural solid modeling, and working withexternal databases.
"Mastering AutoCAD 2007 has been fully updated to cover all ofAutoCAD 2007's new or enhanced features including modeling, visualstyles, lights and materials, rendering and animation, and changesusers asked for in commonly used commands. This excellent revisionto the bestselling Mastering AutoCAD series features conciseexplanations, focused examples, step-by-step instructions, andhands-on projects for both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT."
Eric Stover, AutoCAD Product Manager
"Omura's explanations are concise, his graphics are excellent,and his examples are practical."