The only complete reference for Windows command line utilities
Instant results for time-crunched IT professionals
The last thing you want as a busy systems administrator is to click endlessly through the Windows GUI every time you need to perform a simple task. Want a better solution? Windows Administration at the Command Line reacquaints you with the often-overlooked utilities accessible through the command line in Windows 2003, XP, and 2000.
Locate files, check system status, secure and monitor systems, and best of all, save time by using scripts to automate your time-consuming management tasks. This practical book reveals all the command line utilities and puts them right at your fingertips. The only resource on the market with the complete set of Windows command line utilities, this hands-on reference gives you solutions that yield superior results compared to GUI-based utilities, increasing your productivity in the field.
Inside you'll find:
- The complete set of all Windows command line utilities
- Real world scenarios that focus on practical applications
- Information on third-party utilities and scripting techniques
- Instructions for using the .NET Framework utilities
- A preview of Windows Vista utilities including detailed instructions for using Monad and MSH
- An appendix with 52 command line tricks and techniques
In the Field Results
Provides seasoned systems administrators with advanced tools, knowledge, and real-world skills to use on the job. Going beyond what the standard documentation or classroom training provides, these practical guides address the real situations IT professionals face every day, offering streamlined solutions to improve productivity.