The only complete reference for Windows command lineutilities
Instant results for time-crunched IT professionals
The last thing you want as a busy systems administrator is toclick endlessly through the Windows GUI every time you need toperform a simple task. Want a better solution? WindowsAdministration at the Command Line reacquaints you with theoften-overlooked utilities accessible through the command line inWindows 2003, XP, and 2000.
Locate files, check system status, secure and monitor systems,and best of all, save time by using scripts to automate yourtime-consuming management tasks. This practical book reveals allthe command line utilities and puts them right at your fingertips.The only resource on the market with the complete set of Windowscommand line utilities, this hands-on reference gives you solutionsthat yield superior results compared to GUI-based utilities,increasing your productivity in the field.
Inside you'll find:
- The complete set of all Windows command line utilities
- Real world scenarios that focus on practical applications
- Information on third-party utilities and scriptingtechniques
- Instructions for using the .NET Framework utilities
- A preview of Windows Vista utilities including detailedinstructions for using Monad and MSH
- An appendix with 52 command line tricks and techniques
In the Field Results
Provides seasoned systems administrators with advanced tools,knowledge, and real-world skills to use on the job. Going beyondwhat the standard documentation or classroom training provides,these practical guides address the real situations IT professionalsface every day, offering streamlined solutions to improveproductivity.