Taking the Java world by storm, Eclipse is an open-source platform that can be used to develop cutting-edge programs, components, Web sites, and more. In the first book to explore the greatly extended functionality of Eclipse 3, Berthold Daum shows you how to use this powerful Java IDE to make coding, testing, debugging, and deploying applications much easier.
You'll find tips for authoring code efficiently and organizing development projects correctly. You'll unlock the secrets of the SWT and JFace libraries while learning how to create an MP3 player. And you'll discover how to develop your own products under the Rich Client Platform (RCP).
What you will learn from this book
- All the major features of Eclipse 3
- Techniques for building GUIs with SWT, JFace, and the Eclipse workbench
- Tips on how to speed development time by using Eclipse as an application framework
- How to create custom Eclipse plug-ins following easy steps
- Methods for team software development
- Ways to develop and package your own products for deployment
- How to use the RCP as a generic platform for a wide range of applications
Who this book is for
This book is for Java programmers who want to implement their own professional applications with the help of Eclipse.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers to a better job.