Light makes it happen.
Here's how you can take control
In the film era, learning to manipulate lighting and exposure settings was basic to a professional photographer's education. But in today's digital world, the camera handles these things for you—that is, unless you manually reclaim control. Now veteran photographer Michael Meadhra reintroduces you to the alchemy of light and exposure, showing you how to use these elements to create breathtaking photographic artistry with your digital camera.
- Understand the essential nature and color of light and why photography truly is "painting with light"
- Learn how lighting and exposure affect specific subjects
- Try different aperture and shutter settings and explore their effects
- Discover how to set up lighting for various shots and enhance lighting on location
- Control motion with shutter speed and use exposure creatively
- Recognize the effect of exposure on color and how to light a setting to establish a mood
- Create masterful effects with light and shadow
Find out how to select the appropriate shutter speed for action photographs
Learn when to trust your camera's automatic exposure system and when to apply exposure compensation