Just the steps you need to create spreadsheets, charts, and more
...for great results
Create a Basic Chart
1.Select the data (sequential or nonsequential) you want to plot in the chart. See Figure 11-1 for an example of sequential data selected for a chart.
2.Press the F11 key. Excel immediately adds a new sheet called Chart 1 to your workbook with the data plotted into a column chart. Figure 11-2 shows you the various elements that can make up a chart
Some newer keyboards use a different function for the F11 key. If your F11 key does not produce a chart, use the Insert tab as explained in the next section.
- Title: A descriptive name for the overall chart. By default, titles are not added in a basic chart.
- X or Category axis: Column or row headings from your selected data, which Excel uses for Category axis names.
- X Axis Title: A descriptive name for the Category axis. By default, a category label is not added in a basic chart.
Get ready to
- Enter data into a spreadsheet
- Build formulas and functions
- Format cells and add graphics
- Sort and analyzedata
- Create charts andPivotTables
- Blend Excel intoPowerPoint®